Did you know that for every $1 a company spends on email marketing, they make about $44 as a return on investment? That is a little over 4000% ROI, and these figures are derived from the latest research into email marketing software.
I bet your internet history is littered with tutorials and tips on how to make six figures from your blog. And even after applying the strategies experts outlined and signing up for courses, you have yet to make double-digit revenue with your website.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the most effective digital marketing strategy to promote services and products to your blog subscribers through email. It is also a powerful tool for strengthening customer loyalty.
For instance, Jon Morrow has over 100,000 email subscribers, enabling him to earn $100k every month consistently. Here is a list of the top 20 highest paid bloggers who rake in six figures monthly, almost on autopilot.
Some years back, bloggers had to manually cold email every potential customer and rarely got a reply back. The only feedback was to decline the offer. Nowadays, email marketing software has automated the process.
Once you set up an email marketing platform, your only task will be to update the content you want to appear in each email notification. Depending on your income, this is a job that you can delegate to a virtual assistant.
This gives you time to concentrate on what is most important for you, whether writing content, creating products, or teaching courses in your blog niche.
What are the Benefits of an Email Marketing Service?
Email marketing has been proven as the most lucrative marketing strategy in the digital space. And sometimes, your level of success will depend on which email marketing software you choose to use.
Trying out all the email marketing platforms listed in this article to find out which will best fit the needs of your blog or website is exhausting work. Hopefully, the information discussed here will help you choose effortlessly.
Here are the benefits of Email Marketing Platforms
Email marketing software is good at personalizing the same email newsletter to thousands of individual recipients. One way it achieves this is by using the recipient’s name.
For example, if your name is John. The email will start with Hi, John, and mention your name throughout the text.
Doing so makes the receiver feel special, and if they had subscribed to Jon Morrow’s email list, it’s common to assume that the sender took the time to write the email to you. Even though the whole process is usually automated and the blogger probably doesn’t know you are their subscriber.
Not long ago, email marketing services used to take the first portion of your email address and refer to you as such. For instance, if your email is [email protected], the application would start the text with – Hi 77toni and repeat that designation.
Today the technology has evolved to the point that you can’t tell whether the email notification was sent by an AI robot, Neil Patel himself, or his employee.
Email marketing platforms provide different themes and templates which you can easily customize to make them unique to your business or blog. That helps to quickly identify spam because an official email from the World Bank will have a different appearance from a Nigerian prince trying to get you to fall for an internet money scam.
- Provides a better conversion rate.
It is easier to convince someone to purchase from their inbox than traditional digital marketing mediums. As a marketer, you can send personalized, targeted messages that the customer is more likely to engage with.
- Email marketing services automate a large percentage of the sales process, helping you make more ROI with minimal effort and resources. Earlier, we mentioned the statistics that $1 will quickly earn you a $44 return on investment.
Email marketing platforms will remind a purchaser of an abandoned cart. The application will automatically onboard new customers and even post-purchase follow-ups resulting in the client feeling special.
- Email marketing software enables businesses and brands to communicate directly with their customers. Such a process strengthens loyalty because when Coca-Cola or Nike sends you constant personalized emails about the brand, you feel like part of the Nike family.
- Whether you’re an individual, small company, or tech giant, email marketing platforms, both free and paid, offers basic features which are a thousand times better than sending out newsletters manually.
Of course, adding email marketing software to your blog has many advantages. Still, the six mentioned above are the main ones.
How Does Email Marketing Software Work?
Once you have successfully created your blog from scratch and live, the next step is to optimize it for search engines.
Then after doing some content writing that eventually brings significant organic traffic, you need to link that blog to an email marketing software.
Offer Free Service or Product
The most effective approach is to entice the visitors with a gift such as an eBook, course, or product. Your landing page will include the following sentence – Sign up to my email list and get a free eBook.
On Jon Morrow’s blog, SmartBlogger, it is the Get the freebie button. That is part of a typical sales funnel. An email marketing service will do everything for you as you focus on other important aspects of your blog.
You could offer a webinar and consultations for free in exchange for people signing up for your email list. If your freebie is a valuable commodity, then a customer is highly likely to purchase any items you put up for sale.
The way email marketing platforms work is that they are essentially a tool that enables you to send out emails in bulk. Imagine sending newsletters to a million subscribers of your email list. Without email marketing software, such a task is practically impossible.
However, email marketing services go beyond and automatically facilitates any engagements a subscriber may decide to make.
Say, for example, Nike sent you a link to a discounted limited edition Air Force 1, and you click the link. The email marketing platform redirects you to make the purchase and even arrange delivery without human interaction on Nike’s end.
The email marketing service will keep all that data for Nike’s marketing and accounting department to act on it later. If you never check out your purchase, the software will keep reminding you. You could even set how frequently or at what point you need to receive the reminders of your abandoned cart.
What Are Some Email Marketing Best Practices?
There is a fine line between spam and email marketing. Perhaps the following points will help you avoid appearing as spammy to your email list subscribers.
- Never purchase contact lists; let them be organic.
- Personalize your entire template, including the email greeting, for example, happy Halloween and Merry Christmas during special occasions and holidays. If you know the subscriber’s birthday, always wish them a happy birthday. My bank usually sends me a happy birthday notification on my birthday, which always makes my day.
- It’s better to use your personal email than using a no-reply sender’s email address.
- Stick to one font or, at most, just choose a maximum of three.
- Don’t forget to include an email signature that includes your contacts.
- Use a concise and compelling call to action and subject line.
- Link the email to your landing page.
- Use autoresponders such as – I am on holiday at the moment. Still, I will get back to you as humanly fast as possible.
- Always test the email by sending it to yourself before sending it to your 100k plus blog subscribers.
You should stick to one template and predictable sending schedules. Another thing to remember is to avoid fluffy content; just be concise. If you choose a good email marketing software, you will never need to pay for social media marketing software.
Frequently Asked Questions About Email Marketing
It is understandable to have a few questions about email marketing because it is a relatively new digital marketing concept. That is only gaining momentum and becoming popular among bloggers and online entrepreneurs in general.
Here are some of the FAQs about email marketing.
- Does email marketing cost money?
Technically no, because you can send newsletters to a dozen prospective clients at zero cost. What costs money is the subscription to an email marketing service or software.
A paid email marketing platform enables you to automate the sales process of your online business and blog. It can be considered impractical to manually manage email marketing to 20,000 or more email list subscribers.
- What are the best kinds of subject lines?
Your email should contain a catchy subject line that is not clickbait. Sending your email list subscribers clickbait notifications will break the trust they have for your blog or online business. Click baits are in the same category as spam emails.
The recipient may decide to ignore future emails or unsubscribe to your mailing list simply because they don’t find value in the messages you’re sending into their inbox.
- What should be the frequency of sending emails?
It helps to be consistent, which applies to everything from gaining YouTube followers to tripling your blog traffic. Most top bloggers send newsletters once a week and whenever they release a new service, product, or when just handing out freebies.
A rule of thumb is to stick to a maximum of three emails. Maybe one official offer email and two follow-ups remind the recipient about your offer.
It is also good practice to subscribe to a competitor’s email list and study their email content and frequency. It is okay to borrow but never plagiarize.
- When is the Best Time to Send an Email?
The best time is when the clients are active online. Such data is collected by analytics platforms such as Google Analytics. Your email marketing software should also have a feature that allows you to see the times your clients are primarily online.
That data will include;
- How many people clicked the links you included in the email, also known as the click-through rate.
- The bounce rate or which subscribers never received the newsletter. You should also consider looking at ways to reduce bounce rates.
- The conversion rate or the recipients who read your notification clicked on the links and went ahead and made a purchase or the intended call to action.
The general assumption is that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the days your potential customers are likely to open their email and see your newsletter. Try it out and see if it helps your business.
- How do I prevent people from unsubscribing?
First of all, your subject line has to be relevant to your email list subscriber. Try to avoid using a salesy email content tone and include helpful information to benefit the recipient.
For example, if you’re running a jobs and careers blog, send your email list of potential job vacancies. Go to categorizing different job openings and summarizing them in one concise newsletter.
First, provide value before you can start selling services and products to your audience.
Email Marketing Secrets That are Working in 2021
- Use a simpler email design template or no design at all.
It is okay to want your newsletter or emails to your emailing list subscribers to be eye candy and unique. However, customers have been accustomed to different email templates. So when they receive such a mail, they automatically assume it’s an advert for something.
However, when you send out newsletters with no design template, it’s different and piques the recipient’s curiosity. Which means they are more likely to engage with your call to action. A successful blogger who uses this technique is Ayo, The Writer.
Jon Morrow also does the same, as seen in the image below.
All the tips of sending an effective email to your email list subscribers are evident in this image, right from a catchy subject line to being concise and personal.
- Incorporate videos in your newsletters.
- Instead of jumping right into the email, start by narrating a short story that’s relevant to the subject line. That could be a personal experience or something that happened to someone else. Stories will make your newsletters and emails more relatable.
- You need to regularly scrub your email subscribers list by weeding out emails that never get delivered or opened. If you don’t do this email, service providers such as Gmail may categorize your emails as spam or promotions. Rarely do people open the promotions tab in their inboxes.
- If you offer more than one service, then categorize your subscribers and send them individual newsletters. Sending out a general email that contains all of your offerings will not be effective at conversion, and you may suffer unsubscriptions.
For example, if you’re running a food blog, you could run different campaigns targeting gluten intolerance and lactose intolerant ones. When you send these subscribers relevant information, they’ll feel special because you know their condition and want to help.
When you make your email list subscribers feel cared for, it will be easy to convert them into paying loyal customers. Your chosen email marketing software comes with the features to help you to achieve that.
What is the Best Email Marketing Software?
The best email marketing platform depends on your needs. If you are a beginner or startup, you probably don’t have the budget for email marketing. So you’ll be looking for trial versions or open-source services.
On the other hand, the best email marketing service for a tech giant such as Amazon or Alibaba will be designed for enterprise with the capability of handling over 20 million and even 100 million email list subscribers.
We have compiled the 20 best email marketing software and platforms in 2021. You are guaranteed to find one or two that will satisfy your email marketing needs, so let’s dive in.
Did you know that MailChimp processes over one billion emails daily? That is because the platform has a little over 60% market share and is used in 200 countries worldwide.
MailChimp is in the top 20 on the list of the best software companies in 2021.
However, popularity is not the only advantage of MailChimp, the best email marketing software in 2021. The platform is among the pioneers in the space, and recently, it has been updated to include:
- Website hosting features.
- Website builder functionality.
- Customer relationship management or CRM functionality.
These features have enabled MailChimp to automate the digital marketing process completely. It means you can create a website from scratch within MailChimp and host it on the email marketing platform.
You will go on to optimize your blog for search engines and even carry out successful email marketing campaigns and grow your new website to $100k plus per month income all within one service provider.
Essentially MailChimp is transforming into a one-stop-shop for all your online business needs. It is users who have transformed MailChimp into an all-in-one marketing platform. The company implemented some of the suggestions people were demanding over the years.
The Notable MailChimp Features
MailChimp is user-friendly, and it’s also the best option I’d recommend for beginners. It is also a preferred choice for small businesses.
The platform has a few hundred features that will become more relevant and come in handy as your blog grows into a bigger online business.
Among those here are the most notable MailChimp features.
- Mobile Functionality
This feature enables you to use MailChimp on an iPhone and an Android device. It can also run seamlessly on any other tablet and smartphone operating system.
The mobile functionality enables you to create unique and captivating custom email campaigns for social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram right on your smartphone. In addition to this, you have access to similar features you’d get on a desktop computer or web version of MailChimp.
One essential feature you have access to with mobile functionality is the chat support that allows you to reply directly to your customers’ messages. That means you can promptly engage your loyal subscribers in an action that boosts customer retention.
- Tools to create a custom marketing campaign
The basic functionality of MailChimp is to provide tools that would enable you to create and sell email marketing campaigns. The software has a work area where on one side it shows what your email looks like, and on the right are editable sections of the copy. As detailed in the image below.
The editable templates make the process effortless, and you can fully customize your email design to suit your brand.
You could also download free ready-made email templates, saving time and money. You won’t waste time hiring a graphics designer on Fiverr with such a feature.
- Tools to analyze your email marketing campaign.
MailChimp provides data analytics features that will give you insight into how your email list subscribers interact with your emails and newsletters.
That way, you can track the performance of your campaigns. The information you get includes how many people clicked the links in your email, their demographic, and which devices they used to engage with your newsletter.
MailChimp uses AI to predict the data mentioned above, and the technology is always quite spot on. You will use the same tool to scrub your email list subscribers for better results.
The software enables you to set email delivery times, and the A.I. will automatically adjust to different time zones. So, your newsletter gets seen at the appropriate time no matter where in the world your subscriber resides.
- Importing email lists and creating them is intuitive with MailChimp. This feature allows for integration with services such as Salesforce and Zendesk.
- The creation and management of AB testing are intuitive. That allows you to test out two versions of the same email that gets sent to a small portion of your email list subscribers. That is done to determine which one will have better results when sent to a more significant number of subscribers.
- Improved automation tools like the creation of an autoresponder.
With this feature, you can customize onboarding emails. You have access to suitable templates to help you create a compelling, welcoming message. MailChimp provides several examples of autoresponders to choose from for anyone who may have a problem understanding the concept.
Pricing of MailChimp
The free version of MailChimp accommodates up to 10,000 emails per month and about 2,000 mail list subscribers. If you happen to have 5k subscribers, it will cost about $75 per month.
Before you dismiss the pricing, there is a section where you can calculate the estimated cost based on the size of your contact list, as shown below.
Below are the current MailChimp pricing packages.
MailChimp should be your first choice before you can consider others based on the following pros.
- The software integrates well with a wide range of third-party options.
- Comes with powerful automation features and functionality unmatched in the market.
- The free version is adequate for beginner projects and small businesses that are only getting into email marketing.
- It is possible to enjoy advanced features on only $10 per month pricing.
- MailChimp is a fully-fledged all-in-one marketing platform.
Cons of MailChimp.
- The updated features as a marketing platform may be irrelevant for small businesses.
- The feature for generating reports needs some updating.
Mailjet is the cheapest and among the best email marketing software and platforms in 2021. What makes it unique is that it’s a real-time cloud-based email marketing service. That means you can use the program anywhere and on any device as long as you are connected to the internet.
You don’t need to install a stand-alone email marketing software on your computer or app on your mobile devices.
Being cloud-based also means that your data is much safer because physical storage such as hard disks and flash drives could easily get lost or damaged.
Mailjet was created in France in 2010. Since then, it has amassed a sizable following of users ranging from individuals to businesses of all sizes. Companies that use the software include YouSign, Lyst, Coya Stack plus, 90 more businesses, and counting.
Mailjet Notable Features
- An advanced collaboration functionality is not present in more rival email marketing services.
- Setting up can be achieved in less than 3 minutes, where you only need to tweak a single SMTP setting, and you’re good to go.
- Mailjet offers real-time functionality where you can view data and the status of your emails in real-time. You can also manage campaigns and respond to alerts in real-time, unlike other email marketing platforms.
- The platform provides a dedicated I.P. address to boost performance and eliminate the pains of managing it yourself.
- Mailjet has one of the best error handling tools. For example, tools to auto block emails email list subscribers that may tag your emails as spam and those that generate bounces.
- You can develop customized scripts on top of Mailjet in any language you prefer, thanks to the availability of multiple API options.
- Mailjet integrates with Zapier, Sendwithus, ZeroBounce, Stitch, Livestorm, EmailJS, and PretaShop, among others.
The alternatives to Mailjet include;
- Twilio SendGrid and many more.
The Pros of Mailjet
- It is a simple email marketing software that’s good for beginners and professionals.
- Mailjet is cheap.
- It’s a reliable program.
- Multiple user collaboration is seamless because it is cloud-based.
- Look at how Mailjet compares to others in terms of deliverability here.
- Mailjet integrates with 80 plus platforms, including Facebook, eCommerce services, and CRMs.
Cons of Mailjet
- The automation features need an upgrade.
- Managing lists is not all that user-friendly.
- Mailjet has limited segmentation conditions.
Pricing of Mailjet
The image below details the affordability of Mailjet.
I’d recommend Mailjet if you need an affordable email marketing platform that offers seamless collaboration features.
Campaign Monitor is used by more than 150k companies around the world. Over 2 million marketing professions use this email marketing software.
Campaign Monitor is a web-based email marketing platform that enables you to create e-newsletters, manage mailing lists online. When you pay the affordable subscription fees, you don’t get a stand-alone app but access to the software that’s entirely on the internet.
As an email marketing service, Campaign Monitor is highly rated for allowing users to upload customer databases and send customized HTML email newsletters.
The main market Campaign Monitor targets mainly include India, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, China, UK, Canada, USA, and Germany.
The fact is that Campaign Monitor is an email marketing platform that is heavily used by counties with the highest CPM payout rates and also by tech giants. That tells you why Campaign Monitor should be a viable choice for your online business.
Compared to new email marketing software on the market, such as SendPulse, Campaign Monitor’s interface looks a bit dated, but looks can be deceiving. It’s one of the top choices for professionals in the digital market space.
The Features of Campaign Monitor
- The program comes with a robust email editor that also features templates to help you create unique emails. The email editor has a drag and drop functionality which makes the whole process effortless.
- Campaign Monitor has a straightforward subscriber management functionality that allows you to import subscribers from other email marketing services. You can also fully customize aspects such as the sign-up process. You can add subscribers to multiple mailing lists from a single sign-up form.
- All email marketing software, even the open-source ones, come with autoresponder features. Still, in the case of Campaign Monitors, they are called journeys. That is similar to the one offered by MailChimp. Still, this one enables you to customize based on your respective industry or niche.
- Campaign Monitor enables users to create smart-transactional emails to increase subscriber engagement. That is probably why eBay prefers the software because it intelligently optimizes the process of guiding a customer before, through, and after a purchase.
- The white Labeling option is a unique feature that only Campaign Monitor provides. The feature allows users, agencies, in this case, to rebrand the email marketing service and even generate income by utilizing the hosting functionality. That is another reason why tech giants prefer Campaign Monitor over others.
There are countless features, but those mentioned above are perhaps the most notable. One prominent feature that’s often overlooked is how easy it is to use Campaign Monitor. Try out the free version today to test it for yourself.
Campaign Monitor Pros
- The customer support is good.
- It is white labeled.
- It’s well priced for an email marketing service.
- The analytics functionality is on point.
- Offers HTML email client testing.
Campaign Monitor Cons
- Native social media sharing should be inbuilt.
- The process of verifying a domain could be sluggish; the same applies to the autosave feature.
- The design needs more flexibility.
- Could use more pre-populated email marketing templates.
Campaign Monitor Pricing
The pricing model is a subscription that starts at $9 per month, and you can always opt for the Campaign Monitor’s free trial. Below is an image showing detailed pricing.
One of the frequently asked questions by Campaign Monitor users is, what if one goes beyond their limits? Well, they will notify you with a recommendation for the best upgrade and possibly a discount. The same applies when you need to downgrade.
The basic subscription only offers help through emails in terms of customer service. Still, you can reach the company on the phone and live chat as you advance through the price plans.
Ontraport is the best sales and email marketing platform for growing businesses in 2021. The program is best suited for small businesses considering its marketing automation features.
Its CRM or customer relationship management will surely boost your sales effort without compromising deliverability.
What Ontraport has been able to do ideally is to combine marketing automation and CRM. It means you can handle simple tasks to complex workflows that improve customer conversion and retainability.
In fact, Ontraport can be regarded as an all-in-one marketing automation software. On the platform, you’re able to manage:
- Generate leads, score leads, nurture them, and so much more.
Platforms That Integrate with Ontraport
Ontraport’s API is compressive and allows users to develop their own integrations.
Below are some platforms that integrate with Ontraport.
- Stripe and 26 more gateways, eCommerce, and marketing platforms.
The Notable Ontraport Features
- You get excellent reporting and analytics functionality.
- Online marketing features are mobile-optimized, and you can create landing pages, forms, and dynamic content.
- Integrates with more than 30 platforms.
- You can track the online behavior of your email list subscribers.
- Generation of leads with the Ontraport CRM is intuitive.
- Ontraport is sufficiently customizable.
- The software simplifies workflow by automating tasks that require several steps into one command or click. You are also notified when your mailing list subscribers take action on the emails.
- You can assign multiple users different roles and access to the email marketing service. That means Ontraport supports various users.
- Administrators can test emails and other campaign elements before deployment.
- The platform comes with a knowledge base where customers can access common questions.
The Pros of Ontraport
- Ontraport enables users to build custom objects to have a relationship between multiple databases and to make them unique to the organization. Such functionality only comes pricey on rival email marketing services such as Eloqua, SalesForce, and Marketo.
- Ontraport is affordable.
- A supportive community surrounds the platform. First of all, Ontraport’s customer support is award-winning. They recently updated their network to ensure lightning-fast apps and responsiveness.
Their Facebook group is lively, and the service provides a free educational site to users. Other events include the annual business gathering in Santa Barbara, California, a bootcamp that’s quarterly, and a course for certified consultants. All of which will improve the results of your online business’s email marketing efforts.
- As an all-in-one email marketing service, Ontraport avails all tools to manipulate your data in one software which is more efficient than using separate platforms.
- Ontraport features practical eCommerce tools such as automatic credit card management and notification for card expiration and cart abandonment.
The Disadvantage of Ontraport
The reporting dashboard lacks essential visual elements such as charts and graphs synonymous with reporting functionality.
The Pricing of Ontraport
The image below shows a detailed breakdown of the different packages Ontraport offers customers.
Ontraport regularly updates, and usually, the problems are solved in the newer version. It is helpful to always work with updated email marketing software.
Moonmail is the best email marketing software in 2021 that is cloud-based. It’s a marketing automation program that is best suited for developers, marketing agencies, and designers.
Most users are small businesses to mid-sized companies. On the free version, Moonmail allows you to send 7500 emails per month, and to send more, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid version.
As an email marketing platform, Moonmail sits on Amazon’s cloud network built around a serverless framework to enable the execution of large email marketing campaigns.
This email marketing service is open source gives the user an advantage over problems that come with having installable software.
For example, if you wanted to collaborate as a team remotely, every team member would need to install a copy of the program on their individual devices. However, with Moonmail, everyone only needs to have login credentials to access the email marketing platform from anywhere globally via the internet.
The problem with Moonmail is that it was designed for users with some technical knowledge level. Thus, making it unsuitable for beginners who would love to implement email marketing on their blogs and websites as a tool to boost profits.
Platforms MoonMail Integrates with
When you try Moonmail out, you’ll quickly realize that it’s not as user-friendly as MailChimp. Despite that, it is a capable email marketing platform that integrates with the following services:
What to Expect from MoonMail
- Customer service will be there when you contact them. Whenever you send a message on live chat or any other channel, expect prompt responses.
- MoonMail uses A.I. to clean and update your mailing list to reduce bounces.
- The user-friendly version is MoonMail’s clean user interface.
The Main Features of MailMoon
- MailMoon provides comprehensive analytics reporting even though it can be regarded as basic compared to that of MailChimp, for example. You can see spam complaints, unsubscriptions, clicks and opens rate, bounces, sent and delivered emails, and email deliverability reputation on the dashboard.
- The integrations with Amazon web services platforms ensure fast performance and seamless collaborations.
- Compiling and sending email campaigns is effortless.
- You can reuse templates as much as you want.
- Users can apply liquid syntax in campaigns.
- MoonMail uses A.I. to update recipient status and categorize them as either compliant or spam, bounced, suppression list, and unsubscribed. The information enables you to make informed decisions when streamlining your email marketing.
- The drag and drop feature simplifies the email editing process.
- You’re able to store and create recipients in multiple mailing lists.
- MoonMail allows you to track opened emails and which recipients took action and clicked.
- The live chat support is multilingual, an offering missing in rival email marketing service providers.
When paying for MoonMail packages, you have the option of monthly payments as shown in the image below or yearly as seen in the second image. Either way, you can enjoy discounts and save up to 25%.
Above are the yearly pay rates and below are additional charges for extra 1000 emails or 1000 contacts.
The good thing is that MoonMail offers a 30-day refund policy if you are not satisfied with their email marketing service.
The Pros of MoonMail
- MoonMail is privacy-friendly.
- The customer support is fantastic.
- The application is easy to set up and navigate.
- The autoresponder feature is advanced and functions better than some alternatives.
- You can create dynamic content, and the free trial is practical and valuable.
The Cons of MoonMail
- Does not offer emails that are optimized for mobile.
- The filter for spam and junk needs updating.
- MoonMail does not have an AB testing feature.
Thankfully every new update of MoonMail will have solved problems that current users face.
Before you can start using SendPulse, the software asks you a few questions that will help its A.I. to tailor the application to fit your needs.
As one of the best email marketing services in 2021, SendPulse is known to have the best customer support and a ton of features in one platform.
I would recommend SendPulse for small and medium businesses. It is an email marketing platform suitable for users with zero email marketing experience and those who need to create complex campaigns.
Users can also recommend other people sign up and receive up to 50% discounts.
Companies that use SendPulse include:
Apart from being a multi-channel marketing service, SendPulse also provides Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, also known as SMTP services. It means that the platforms allow users to create and manage bulk email marketing projects.
For example, G Suite services only allow about 2k emails per day, which won’t be practical if your email subscription list is about 20,000 and counting.
SendPulse’s Notable Features
- The software enables you to generate sign-ups by providing tools to create customizable sign-up forms for your blog or website. The tools include templates, and you can create different kinds of forms such as fixed, floating, embedded, or pop-ups.
- Managing email campaigns is smooth, especially AB testing. Other analytics tools in this feature include data on clicks and opens, suggestions on which recipients are best for tests, and how long the test should last. You can know subscriber devices and geographic location. Even though the scheduling tool needs updating, you can categorize emails like newsletters and product updates.
- Managing contacts and emailing lists is effortless because SendPulse provides functionality such as advanced filters to help users send more relevant emails. This feature also enables you to identify and remove potential spam subscribers. Doing so cleans out your mailing list for better conversion and attracts more subscribers through referrals.
- Marketing automation features such as SMS and push notifications. The bulk SMS service can handle 1000 plus mobile network providers in over 200 counties. The web push notification service supports the typical browsers from Opera, Chrome, Firefox to Microsoft Edge.
The Pricing of SendPulse
You can also opt for the pay-as-you-go option.
The Benefits of Using SendPulse
- SendPulse uses A.I. technology to help users avoid spammy behavior with subscribers.
- It has superb deliverability with a straightforward user interface.
- The free web push and SMS notification features are practical and valuable.
- SendPulse is reliable and features a good API.
- The interface is multi-language, supporting Spanish, Turkish, Russian, English, and Portuguese.
- The reporting is detailed and offers statistics by country.
- When you use SendPulse, you’ll notice that the email marketing software improves conversion rate.
- The free trial plan allows for up to 2500 subscribers and about 15k emails in a month.
The Cons of SendPulse
- Some users have complained about customer service in the past.
- The dashboard is too crowded. Perhaps placing some options into menus would significantly improve the user experience.
- Approving campaigns is sluggish.
- The user interface may need an update because it’s tedious to manually set metrics to be followed each time a campaign is sent.
Benchmark Email is among the few best email marketing software in 2021 that provides user-friendly customer service. The platform is used in more than 15 counties globally. What stands out is the improved user experience and practical features.
Benchmark Email is easy to use as an email marketing service and offers 1500 plus integrations. It is mainly recommended for small and medium businesses but suitable for beginners. The platform has recently become popular after being around since 2004.
The Top Features of Benchmark Email
- Benchmark Email is completely cloud-based, so it doesn’t take up storage on devices and comes with other browser-based benefits for email marketing.
- The email marketing platform offers 24/7 support no matter where you are on the globe. You can reach customer reps on the phone from 9 am to 8 pm from Monday to Friday at Eastern Time USA. The software has a knowledge base where you can find answers to frequently asked questions. If that’s not enough, you are sure to get a prompt response via live chat and email.
Support is offered in 9 languages, plus you have unlimited access to 40 video tutorials and regular webinars, breaking down the basics of email marketing.
- The beautiful user interface is very intuitive, especially for newbies. The U.I. has a drag and drop functionality to save you time when customizing email blocks or preset global styles/color schemes. There’s no need to start from scratch with Benchmark Email because you can either use a past email design, choose from 200+ templates, or a fully customizable layout.
- Using the form builder is straightforward and effortless.
- You can implement split AB testing for better outcomes that will boost the effectiveness of your email campaigns.
- Benchmark Email comes with a list verification feature that allows users to get rid of bad emails that may reduce profits and lead to unsubscriptions.
- Benchmark Email integrates seamlessly with notable online business platforms, as shown in the image below. For instance, for payment, it’s compatible with Paypal and stripe.
In social media, users can connect to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, and Pinterest. When managing landing pages and sites, Benchmark works best with WordPress, Magento, and Unbounce. For eCommerce, the service connects to WooCommerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce, among many others.
- Benchmark Email features advanced automation tools and workflows. It means you can set parameters to track which subscribers opened your email, how many clicked the link and where your mailing list members reside. Such data will enable you to create better-targeted campaigns that increase conversions and reduce bounces.
The Pricing of Benchmark Email
The free trial plan offers more features than most other email marketing software, even though the 250 emails per month may seem limited for some users. Below is an image detailing the pricing of Benchmark Email.
The Pros of Benchmark Email
- The email and campaign editor are easy to use, unlike most newsletter creation tools in rival software.
- Marketing automation functionality is also straightforward, and users can quickly set up lead generation and track abandoned carts.
- Users have a long list of high-quality templates to choose from, and they also feature mobile display functionality.
- The 24/7 live chat support is excellent, and the U.I. intuitive.
- It is reasonably priced when considering the features’ usefulness and deliverability.
The Cons of Benchmark Email
- The software does not scale well on big screens as it does on smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
- There is an email deliverability issue where most emails get flagged as spam during tests and when sending to actual subscribers.
- The image storage space allocation is small and needs upgrading.
- Some features may feel limiting, for instance, the lack of a pop-up option.
- Segmentation options need to be upgraded to feature more functionality.
- Tools to create sign-up forms and landing pages may seem basic to some users.
Mailigen is among the best email marketing software and platforms in 2021 that came onto the market in 2010.
That might seem recent, but this email marketing platform offers more features than, say, Constant Contact offers, and the latter has been around since ’95.
Notable companies that use Mailigen include;
- Bayer, UK.
- Swedish bank SEB.
- The department store Debenhams and many more.
That clientele is impressive, and to top it off, Mailigen integrates with WordPress, Zapier, Shopify, among other services. The platform enables users to send marketing messages straight to social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook in addition to the regular mailing list recipients.
I would recommend Mailigen for both technical and non-technical digital marketers.
Mailigen’s Features That Stand Out
- Users can send unlimited emails on any of Mailigen’s packages, from free 30-day trials to premium.
- The AB split testing is polished, enabling you to send multiple emails of the same campaign and different changes such as subject line or email content. Doing so helps to determine which versions of the campaign perform best.
- The automation functionality includes a capable autoresponder tool that makes email scheduling effortless. The feature consists of RSS to email automation that ensures that any new updates reach your subscribers with less input on your part.
- The double opt-in and list reconfirm features prevent your emails from being tagged as spam. That also makes you GDPR compliant about data privacy legality for individuals within the European Union.
- Mailigen provides an advanced SMS marketing feature. The use of SMS by online businesses is gaining popularity today because, according to statistics, more email subscribers access the internet on their mobile phones. Sending an SMS is as effective as an email and has the same intimacy.
- Mailigen doesn’t come with pre-designed templates, but the email marketing software features a what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor, also known as WYSIWYG editor. It enables non-technical users to create sign-up forms and other templates embedded onto blogs, websites, and social media platforms.
That sounds complicated, but it’s actually straightforward and less complex than the customizable offerings from viral email marketing services.
- The APIs and integration features are intuitive. The platform’s users can connect to include; Zumo, Optimonk, WordPress, WooCommerce, Batchbook, ZOHO, Magento, Facebook, Twitter, and Bigcommerce, among others.
- Even though the reporting features on Mailigen are not as advanced, they do the job well. You’re able to create detailed reports from data such as opened emails, forwarded, unsubscribers, bounce rates, and link clicks. That information enables you to identify the shortcomings of your campaigns and what improvements to make for effective results. You can also link with Google Analytics for better data collection and analysis.
- Under support and help, you can reach Mailigen customer service via live chat, email, resource center, and phone. The resource center is an excellent place for learning and becoming better at email marketing, and making the best of Mailigen.
- Mailigen also enables you to perform online surveys, which is a great way to get detailed and valuable feedback from your audience. It would help if you took advantage of this to tailor your email campaigns and boost engagement, customer retention, and conversion.
The Pricing of Mailigen
The 30-day free trial allows users to send 100 emails, and pricing is based on the number of your mailing list subscribers. Below is an image with a detailed description of the pricing plans offered by Mailigen.
The Pros of Mailigen
- You don’t need to input your payment information to enjoy the 30-day free trial.
- Mailigen does not charge for Google Analytics integration and AB testing features.
- Combining email marketing and SMS boosts the success of campaigns.
- Mailigen enables you to create online surveys, a feature lacking in many other email marketing platforms.
- The software integrates seamlessly with more than 100 CRMs, social media, and other applications.
- Users can take advantage of Mailigen’s affiliate marketing program.
- Mailigen, unlike rival email marketing services, eliminates redundancy by automatically deleting duplicate emails.
The Cons of Mailigen
- List segmentation needs updating.
- There’s no spam checker and no pre-designed sign-up forms.
- The reporting feature does not provide detailed customer behavior.
AWeber is the most popular and the best email marketing software and platform in 2021.
The platform has been around for some 20 plus years, and they are credited with inventing the autoresponder feature. That comes standard in all email marketing services in the market.
AWeber has a feature called Legacy Followup Messages which allows users to send emails specifically to new subscribers.
The Key Features of AWeber
- Users get support via email, phone, and live chat.
- When creating a subscriber list, AWeber won’t allow disposable domains, which includes addresses from Mailinator. Otherwise, the process of filling up your subscriber list is pretty straightforward. Using this feature, you can import and host mailing lists with ease.
- AWeber offers a practical landing page builder and list segmentation options.
- The platform supports split testing and RSS to email functionality.
- The autoresponder feature is more advanced than rivals in the email marketing space.
- You have plenty of templates to choose from, and the email designs are responsive.
- The marketing automation functionality is intuitive.
- The revolutionary AMP for email feature allows email subscribers to make an appointment within the email. That functionality enables dynamic content to be included in an email which instantly doubles engagement.
More features come in-built in the AWeber email marketing platform, but those mentioned above are the primary ones.
AWeber provides a free plan for anyone who has less than 500 mailing list subscribers. Beyond that, the price doubles as your subscribers also triple, as indicated in the image below.
The Pros of AWeber
- Users get to send unlimited emails.
- Reporting tools are extensive.
- AWeber has practical and helpful materials to get beginners started and professionals refreshed.
- The plans are reasonably priced.
- Support is prompt and friendly.
- AWeber simplifies the list management tools.
- You’re able to track sales through AWeber’s email analytics tool.
The Cons of AWeber
- The biggest disappointment is that AWeber does not integrate with Gmail and address books from third parties.
- There is also no support for Google Analytics.
- The importing process is sluggish.
- Some features such as spam detection and design testing need updating.
If you’re looking for an email marketing platform with superb customer service, then AWeber should be your first choice.
Automizy is the best user-friendly email marketing software and platform in 2021. It is also a cloud-based service that enables businesses of all sizes to manage email marketing campaigns effectively.
The software utilizes artificial intelligence to assist marketers in rolling out targeted emails that boost engagement, encourage sign-ups and conversions.
It does not matter whether you’re a beginner or a professional digital marketer because Automizy provides comprehensive guidelines on making the most of the platform.
Third-party applications that Automizy seamlessly integrates with include Zapier, Shopify, Elementor, Verifybee, Fluent Forms, Groupboss, Beacon, Unbounce, Optimonk, Green Forms, WishList Member, Webhook, Rest API, among many more.
The top countries that use Automizy are Mexico, Brazil, Canada, UK, U.S., China, Japan, Australia, German, India, and Hungary. The email marketing service customers who trust Automizy include Twnel, Sell More Now Inc, Viral Loops, Chatter Buzz, Engenius, Mississauga Fine Arts Academy, and the list goes on.
The Key Features of Automizy
- Advanced autoresponders.
- Mailing list and subscriber management.
- AB testing functionality.
- Emails that are optimized for mobile.
- Compliance with SPAM and CAN.
- Tools to manage templates, build web forms and landing pages, including WYSIWYG email editor.
- Lead scoring and segmentation.
- Drip campaigns.
- Detailed analytics tracking and reporting tools.
- Automizy allows users to customize CTAs.
The Pricing of Automizy
You can enjoy the 14-day free trial without submitting your credit card details. The amount you pay primarily depends on the size of your contact list or how many subscribers you have. The plans are shown in the image below.
The Pros of Automizy
- The email templates and automation blueprints make email marketing a breeze with Automizy.
- The AB test feature is advanced and practical.
- The visual automation builder is intuitive.
- The predictive A.I. is helpful.
The Cons of Automizy
- Unlike rivals, Automizy does not provide a free version but only a limited two-week trial.
- The landing pages feature lacking.
I would recommend Automizy to small businesses and mid-sized companies struggling with delivery rates. It would be of help if you visited their FAQs page before deciding to try out the email marketing software.
Gist is among the best email marketing software and platforms in 2021 used by 20,000 plus businesses. Because it includes a Facebook messenger bot, live chat, email marketing, opt-in, helpdesk, scheduling, and other services in one package. The platform is referred to as an all-in-one marketing platform.
The user experience may seem challenging, but once you get used to the software, it becomes effortless. Businesses that use Gist email marketing platforms include Howden Iberia, OR technologies Sdn Bhd, Creative Click Media, Klenty, The ARC of Union County Inc, and thousands of others.
The Key Features of Gist
- Gist offers seamless integrations with the following applications, Twitter, Facebook, Stripe, Zapier, Zoom, among others. However, the software provides many in-built tools that eliminate third-party integrations’ needs.
- Gist automatically creates a database for your data that can be accessed in more than 40 languages. That helps you keep track of campaigns and emails.
- The meeting scheduler feature integrates with Google Calendar to create customized meeting invite links and much more.
- Users can create chatbots to boost engagement through automation.
- The help desk functionality enables you and your team to manage customer conversations and generate helpful reports effectively.
- Under marketing automation tools, Gist provides the visual workflow builder that triggers automation from subscriber behavior and actions. This tool allows users to create emails and customize funnels to fit their needs.
- You can choose either broadcast, drip, or behavioral emails triggered by subscriber actions under the email marketing feature. For example, if they decide to purchase, the behavioral email function follows up with targeted messages depending on the product.
- The live chat feature enables users to give customers prompt feedback.
The Pricing of Gist
The typical price is $9 per month, but you can try out the free version or the trial before that. The image below shows details about Gist’s pricing plans.
The Pros of Gist
- Gist makes it easy to create bots for automation.
- The broadcast emailing is better than that offered by expensive alternatives.
- The integration with Facebook messenger is seamless.
- The OnPage appointment scheduling is on point.
- Advanced live chat experience is valuable and worth it.
- Marketing automation has never been easier.
Cons of Gist
- The email marketing platform has a few bugs.
- Sometimes the interface becomes sluggish.
The exciting aspects of Gist are features like the live chat, the support desk functionality, and email marketing automation tools. It is an effective communication service; however, if this is not your cup of tea, the alternatives include ConvertKit, WPFusion, and MailLite, to name a few.
Omnisend is among the best email marketing software and platforms in 2021 that has been around since 2014. Since then, it has amassed a clientele of over 50,000 clients, primarily in the eCommerce space. It is basically the go-to service for Shopify users.
It is also synonymous with omni channel marketing, automation, and lead generation. That is why the businesses that trust Omnisend include Samsung, Jiggy, Unilever, Hallmark, Duke Cannon, Lakers Store, Faber Castell, and many more.
The Key Features of Omnisend
- Omnisend’s smart reporting features provide a comprehensive analysis of campaign data and subscriber information such as where they reside, what device they use, their native language, and much more. Such data helps users to improve their email marketing efforts.
- Under the email marketing feature, Omnisend provides a drag-and-drop email editor that includes tools to add dynamic content that triples engagement. Users can add discount codes through tools like CTR boosters and Omnisend’s product picker feature.
- The multi-channel marketing campaign feature enables users to send messages across social media, email, and SMS from one campaign. Doing so extends the reach of your blog or website, thus attracting more subscribers.
- Omnisend integrates with 30+ applications that include Shopify Plus, Shopify, WooCommerce, Volusion, Opencart, Prestashop, Enormous Commerce, and Magento, to name a few.
- Omnisend uses A.I. to provide suggestions based on a subscriber’s history.
- The innovative segmentation feature helps separate your emails and send them to more relevant subscribers. For example, your USA audience will receive a different email than those living abroad. Such customization functionality boosts conversion and prevents unsubscriptions because mailing list members feel special and not generalized.
- Omnisend makes the management of lead generation forms effortless. The whole process, right from creating sign-up forms to where they are placed on a website, is a streamlined process that increases new subscription rates.
The Pricing of Omnisend
Omnisend’s free plan is available for a whole year, and you can only send a maximum of 2000 emails per day and 15k emails monthly. The image below goes into more detail about the pricing plans.
The Pros of Omnisend
- The free version is more than generous, with 15k emails per month, five segments, and you can create three landing pages. It is also available for 365 days.
- Users can track sales via SMS, push notifications, and email.
- Customer service is prompt and friendly.
- Omnisend integrates with popular eCommerce platforms.
- The intuitive automation features save a lot of time for users.
- The product picker feature allows you to add any product to a newsletter effortlessly.
- Getting started with Omnisend is straightforward, and you get to send 2k free messages.
The Cons of Omnisend
- The manual filling of information on new social media campaigns is tedious.
- Some customers find it hard to adapt to new software updates quickly.
- Omnisend is only available in English.
- The platform is not the best in deliverability.
- Does not integrate with most CRM software and Google Analytics.
- The tracking feature is limited.
I would strongly recommend Omnisend if your online business has elements of an eCommerce store. That is because the software’s features favor integration with eCommerce platforms.
ActiveCampaigns is one of the best email marketing software and platforms in 2021 that serves more than 120,000 customers who are spread out in 170 countries. It is a capable newsletter marketing tool that suits both beginners and professionals.
The Platforms That Integrate with ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign allows users to connect to more than 52 tools that include:
- G Suite.
- Gravity Forms and many others.
Key Features of ActiveCampaign
- Email marketing plus drag and drop email designer.
- Contact management.
- Third-party integrations, including social media.
- Conversations and detailed campaign reporting.
- Webhooks, segments, deliverability, and campaigns.
- SMS marketing.
The Pricing of ActiveCampaign
The pricing plans for ActiveCampaigns come with many helpful features, including the starting offer of $9 per month. The image below shows the payments for each plan.
The Pros of ActiveCampaign
- It integrates with many third-party applications.
- Includes several autoresponder options to choose from.
- Online customer support is prompt and excellent.
- ActiveCampaign has a high deliverability test score.
- The software allows users to migrate accounts across rival email marketing services for free.
- The marketing automation tools are advanced and better than those offered by alternative platforms.
- Reporting is comprehensive and includes tracking functionality that enables users to track purchasing. However, this feature is only available on paid versions.
The Cons of Active Campaign
- The dashboard looks busy and needs updating to a simpler U.I.
- There is no support via phone.
- The free trial is limited and shorter than alternatives.
Alternative email marketing software to ActiveCampaign includes InfusionSoft, MailChimp, HubSpot, GetResponse, and ConvertKit, to name a few.
ConvertKit is the best email marketing software and platform in 2021 that is easy to use and allows users to send mass emails, automate marketing, plus build email lists fast.
What ConvertKit does well because it enables you to segment and tag a mailing list which ensures that emails are sent to the intended subscribers.
The platform was initially explicitly made to assist bloggers. Still, it has evolved into a competitive software that offers more features than most rival services.
If you are a beginner blogger or running an established blog, I would strongly recommend ConvertKit because it is an email marketing platform designed with blogging in mind.
You can quickly come across testimonies online of bloggers who have created mailing lists with thousands of subscribers, thanks to this software. I have personally used it, and so far, everything is going well. It’s a valuable service for content creators in general.
The Key Features of ConvertKit
- The autoresponder features allow subscribers to purchase products, fill out forms and tagging, add new subscribers, and orient them onto your blog services.
- You can effortlessly create landing pages and forms either from scratch or by editing pre-designed templates.
- Users can segment their subscribers, which improves the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns. That is achieved by sending targeted content to an audience that is more likely to engage with the messages and follow CTAs.
- Managing subscribers is easy on ConvertKit, which provides a comprehensive analysis of new subscribers, clicks, open rate, and more to inform the creation of effective campaigns.
- ConvertKit’s email editor may not be as good as that of rival software, but it does the job it’s supposed to.
ConvertKit’s Pricing Plans
For some, the pricing may be on the higher side, but at least the services you get are worth your investment. The image below shows ConvertKit’s pricing plans.
The Pros of ConvertKit
- The software is easy to use, especially for beginner bloggers.
- ConvertKit’s automation features are powerful.
- ConvertKit is an email marketing service designed specifically for bloggers.
- The service integrates seamlessly with almost every application out there.
- The process of creating a landing page is fast and intuitive.
The Cons of ConvertKit
- The email builder may be basic to some users.
- Lead scoring is missing.
- Does not integrate with eCommerce platforms.
- It would be better if there was a free version instead of the one-month trial option.
Any blogger should first consider experimenting with ConvertKit first before subscribing to alternatives such as MailChimp.
Pabbly is among the best email marketing software and platforms in 2021 that allows users to send emails via SMTPs and Amazon SES. It is best known for providing effective email list cleaning services.
That allows users to separate non-performing recipients with more responsive subscribers to improve conversion, avoid being tagged as spam and prevent unsubscriptions.
To clean your mailing list, Pabbly takes your contacts through:
- MX record checker.
- DEA detection process.
- SMTP verification.
All that ensures that you’re left with quality subscribers who are highly likely to engage your messages.
Another assurance that Pabbly gives its customers is that emails will be sent to real people. When that happens, it automatically translates to more revenue.
The Features of Pabbly
- High deliverability score.
- Custom domains.
- Powerful sales analytics.
- Pabbly supports multiple gateways and currencies.
- The service automates one-time payments and recurring plus it generates invoices.
- Dunning management.
- Pabbly provides a client portal with a single sign-on.
- You can create unlimited plans and products and link them to multiple gateways or payment methods.
- Tax management system.
- No hidden charges such as revenue share or per-transaction fees.
The Pricing of Pabbly
The pricing plans are attractive because if you want to clean 1000 emails, it will cost about $5 but about $3k to clean 10 million emails. The pricing is subscription-based, and the image below shows exactly what it entails.
The Pros of Pabbly
- The interface is neat and intuitive.
- Sales analytics is powerful.
- Availability of fully-fledged API.
- Integrates with most applications available.
- Plan and dunning management.
- Offers flexibility.
- It’s affordable.
- Offers custom branding.
The Cons of Pabbly
- Some customers have complained about the customer service.
- The conditional logic needs updating.
- More templates with great pictures would make a huge difference.
I would recommend Pabbly for individuals, small and medium-sized businesses. Their customer support is 24/7 and can be accessed via phone, email, and live chat.
GetResponse is the best email marketing software and platform in 2021 that has been around since ’98 and boasts over 350,000 customers over the years.
The platform is slowly transforming into an all-in-one eCommerce marketing solution that offers the following services;
- Landing page tools.
- Sales funnel functionality.
- Webinar hosting and eCommerce features.
The distinguishing feature is the Conversion Funnel functionality that facilitates lead generation, management of landing pages and allows users to process the payment the way an online store would.
The Key Features of GetResponse
- You have access to over 180 landing page customizable templates with responsive designs and AB testing features.
- GetResponse integrates seamlessly with social media platforms, CMS, a wide range of CRMs, and eCommerce services such as Shopify.
- Users can set different account access levels that are suitable for team and multiuser collaborations.
- Those with Max price plans can incorporate custom domains.
- GetResponse supports DKIM and SPF.
- Users can blacklist, suppress lists, and manually import, but there’s no option to export blacklists.
- The bounce management feature is powerful. It automatically removes hard bounce recipients. The soft bounces are tried three times before they can be removed.
- Spam management is on point, and you also can test designs on different devices and browsers before sending.
- GetResponse supports about 27 languages.
- Newsletter creation is intuitive.
- The email automation feature is powerful, and list management is a breeze.
- Creating registration forms, opt-in and opt-out processes is straightforward, especially since fully customizable templates are available.
The Pricing of GetResponse
There are four price tiers offered by GetResponse, as illustrated by the image below.
The Pros of GetResponse
- The software is easy to set up and use.
- The autoresponder options are powerful, and so is the intelligent list automation.
- The live chat feature is practical and timely.
- Users can manage social media adverts right inside GetResponse.
- GetResponse’s email marketing features are solid and worth the price.
The Cons of GetResponse
- The phone support needs updating.
- The analytics feature could be better.
MailerLite is the best web-based email marketing software and platform that has been around since 2010. In that time, it managed to get 750,000 plus customers ranging from digital marketers, freelancers, and business owners from all walks of life.
Businesses that trust MailerLite’s email marketing platform include:
The Key Features of MailerLite
- AB split testing is advanced.
- MailerLite allows users to share snippets of blogs using RSS to email list subscribers, send promotions, and other email campaign management functionality.
- Growing your audience becomes easy with MailerLite because the software provides tools to create targeted pop-ups and forms.
- Live support is prompt and helpful, especially when you need to troubleshoot problems with your version of the email marketing service.
- The pricing is reasonable, and MailerLite offers value for your money with practical features.
- Marketing automation is easy to use and effective.
- You can segment your mailing list subscribers to ensure that your recipients receive relevant messages. Doing so improves customer retention and boosts engagement.
- In addition to providing landing page builder features, MailerLite will also offer hosting services alongside website building tools.
The Pricing of MailerLite
MailerLite offers the free forever plan, something alternative email marketing platforms have yet to implement. Despite that, you enjoy more features in the paid plans than in the free versions because those tend to be limited.
The image below shows the pricing plans offered by MailerLite.
The Pros of MailerLite
- The free plan offers some valuable features, such as marketing automation. Unfortunately, this plan doesn’t include newsletter templates.
- The interface is clean and simple.
- MailerLite’s email editor contains functional modules incorporated into a robust email editor.
- The website and landing page builder feature is solid.
- MailerLite is reasonably priced.
The Cons of MailerLite
- Does not integrate with social media marketing on Facebook and Instagram.
- The automation feature could be better.
- The approval process is rigorous and may put off eager users who want quick and easy steps.
- Some features are missing, such as design and spam testing functionality.
HubSpot is the best email marketing software in 2021, continuing training and educating internet users on inbound marketing. In addition to being the go-to digital marketing resource platform, it’s also an all-in-one marketing automation solution helping businesses to reach customers better and generate leads.
HubSpot offers tools as an email marketing service to help companies better manage sales, e-mail, contacts, blogging, customer, and social media.
HubSpot has been around since 2006, and in that time, it has amassed over 100,000 customers and counting.
Companies that trust HubSpot as an email marketing platform include Trello, Strava, Trustpilot, Yousign, Accenture, Mollie, University of Southern California, VMWare, Subaru, DoorDash, Oakland Harley Davidson, and GitBook, just to name a few.
The Key Features of HubSpot
- The inbuilt marketing analytics feature enables users to generate detailed reports from emails, landing pages, blog posts, social media, among others.
- HubSpot provides customers with tools and features to create and manage visually attractive landing pages that are guaranteed to increase engagement with an intended audience.
- Lead management and social media marketing have never been easier, thanks to HubSpot.
- Non-technical individuals can use the marketing automation feature to launch successful email marketing campaigns.
The Pricing of HubSpot
HubSpot’s free version comes with basic features such as ad management, reporting tools, live chat support, and other practical functionality. When paying for marketing contacts, you can store up to 15 million non-marketing contacts on HubSpot for free.
The image below shows HubSpot’s price plans.
The Pros of HubSpot
- The CRM features are solid, and they have a short learning curve.
- HubSpot’s email marketing tool is robust and easily competes with what alternatives like MailChimp offer.
- Overall, the email marketing software has high deliverability scores.
The Cons of HubSpot
- Some customers have reported bugs.
- It takes time to grasp the ins and outs of HubSpot, even when the CRM feature is intuitive.
- Some features, such as the visual editor, may need updating.
- The task manager needs updating as well.
- The free version is limited.
Sendinblue is among the best email marketing software and platforms in 2021 that has grown from only being an email marketing tool to a fully-fledged all-in-one CRM and marketing automation service provider.
Since the software’s inception in 2012, Sendinblue has blossomed to sending over 100 million emails per day and serves the north of 80,000 users. It is also best known for the WordPress plugin under its wing.
Applications That Integrate Seamlessly with Sendinblue
- Mail Floss.
The Key Features of Sendinblue
- The analytics and reporting features are solid.
- Comes with design and spam testing features.
- The newsletter creation tools allow for the inclusion of dynamic content, which updates automatically.
- Users can access Sendinblue in the following six languages, French, German, Italian, English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- The deliverability scores are high.
- Sendinblue is a rock-solid all-in-one email marketing platform.
- The phone and email customer support are practical and effective.
- Pro features include a comprehensive landing page editor, customizable templates, and drag and drop editor functionality.
- Sendinblue simplifies Social media marketing.
- Sendinblue’s list management features are intuitive.
The Pricing of Sendinblue
The image below shows Sendinblue’s pricing plans.
The Pros of Sendinblue
- It’s cheaper and reasonably priced compared to alternatives such as MailChimp.
- The Sendinblue WordPress plugin significantly improves user experience.
- The email automation feature and tools are robust.
- Sendinblue is reliable when it comes to deliverability.
- The SMS marketing feature works better than the functionality offered by rivals.
- The landing page editor is intuitive.
The Cons of Sendinblue
- Integrations with other applications are limited to a few options.
- With the free plan, you can only send a maximum of 300 emails.
- The email template designs and the feature, in general, need an upgrade.
- Sometimes the software is slow and suffers from bugs.
Constant Contact is the best email marketing software and platform in 2021 that has been around since ’95. It is currently serving more than 518k customers and counting.
Customers who have trusted the email marketing services provided by Constant Contact include La Provence, Artists for Humanity, Element Productions, Lady Back Tie, The Henry Ford, American Red Cross, Hyatt Hotels, Whole Foods Market Inc and SAG-AFTRA, and thousands of others.
As an email marketing platform, Constant Contact is mainly known for its intuitive drag and drop editor, enabling users to customize email templates fully. Other features such as marketing automation allow customers to upload, grow and manage contact lists.
Additionally, the service provides comprehensive learning resources for both beginners and professionals.
The Key Features of Constant Contact
- Integrates seamlessly with eCommerce platforms and event marketing tools like Eventbrite.
- The reporting feature is advanced and helpful.
- Contact management is a breeze with Constant Contact.
- The event marketing tools are solid.
- Users can trust Constant Contact with their data because the security and privacy are upheld.
- Constant Contact’s marketing automation features are robust. They include tools to create and deploy welcome emails, birthday emails and autoresponders, and much more.
- Under customer support and service, users can enjoy a comprehensive knowledge base that includes guides, how-to articles, video tutorials, seminars, and in-person interactions.
The Pricing of Constant Contact
You have the option to enjoy a two-month free trial, and those paying annually get a 15% discount. The image below details Constant Contact’s pricing plans.
The Pros of Constant Contact
- The software has maintained high deliverability rates.
- The community support is strong.
- Constant Contact’s contact management feature is more advanced than some rival email marketing services.
- The data security framework is robust.
- It’s a trusted and established email marketing platform.
The Cons of Constant Contact
- No feature stands out. For example, the landing page builder tool is basic.
- Lack of 24/7 support.
- There’s no simple way to save emails and switch between blocks when editing texts.
- Users find the plans pricier than rival offerings.
- There are no segmentation options.
One feature that sets Constant Contact above other email marketing software is the comprehensive eCommerce pro plan. Before you can consider paying for that, try out their free trial to determine if the service satisfies your email marketing needs.
Whether you’re a beginner blogger or running a tech giant’s marketing department, email marketing is the secret of making six figures online quickly. Even online stores need to take advantage of emailing lists because that’s a convenient method to retain customers.
This article has listed the 20 best email marketing software and platforms in 2021. I guarantee that there are at least three that perfectly fit your needs.
Here’s what I recommend, if you’re a blogger, ConvertKit is your best choice. Those looking for a robust CRM then settle with HubSpot, and Constant Contact is the valuable email marketing service for small businesses.
I hope this list of the best email marketing software in 2021 comes in handy when shopping for the right tool for your online business.